Paying for your applicants' reports
At RentSpree, we give you the option of selecting who pays for the screening reports: you, or the applicant. Here we will go over when you will be asked to submit payment and how to do so.
Send a Request
- From our main site, click on Log In and enter your login credentials to continue. If you are unsure on how to log in, click here.
- If you have not yet created an account with RentSpree, click here to get started creating one.
- From your dashboard, find the property you would like to screen applicants for and click Actions, followed by the screening method of your choice.
- If this is your first time using RentSpree and you have yet to add a property address, click here to learn how to add your first property.
- You will then be asked to select who pays and which reports you would like. Since you are paying, select Me and then whichever reports you would like. Then click Next and continue with screening your applicant.
Pay For and View Reports
- When the applicant has successfully submitted, you will receive an email with the subject Success! [Applicant's name] Report is Ready. When opened, there will be a button to click that will bring you back to RentSpree to view the reports.
- Log in if you are not already and you will notice a number 1 in a red circle next to the property address. This means you have reports that are ready to view for that property.
- Click on the property address and you will notice the name of the applicant along with the word Ready and the outline of a credit card next to it.
- Click on the name of the applicant or the word Ready to open the reports.
- When clicked, you will be asked to enter payment information. Upon entering, click on Pay & View Reports.
Once you've submitted that payment, two things will happen. The first is you will notice a pop-up with a loading circle. When it reaches 100%, you will be able to open the reports directly on your screen. You will also receive an email with an invoice containing the amount paid, reports requested, and card type.
For more information on where to find the invoice, click here.