How to collect applications and TransUnion screening reports on RentSpree.
Add your property & screening options
We recommend adding the rental property before you screen an applicant. That way, your applicant has all the information necessary to complete their application.
- Create an account by clicking here and then log in.
- Click "my listings" from your dashboard in the left menu bar.
- Already have a property? Click the three dots next to the property and choose "Screen new tenants."
- Need to add a property? Click "Add new listing" in the top-right corner of the Dashboard. Fill in the information to create the property page. Once on the property page, click the "Screen new tenants" button.
- Read and accept the TransUnion Agreement by checking the "I accept the service agreement" box and clicking next.
- Choose the screening fee payer and select the desired reports.
- Click "Next" after selecting the reports.
- If the Criminal Background Check was selected, read the pop-up and click "Confirm & Continue."
Send the request to an applicant's email or phone number
Requesting via email/text is a personal way to screen applicants, requiring their direct contact information. Applicants should check their spam or other folders if the email is not received.
- After selecting your reports and clicking "Next," enter the applicant's email address or mobile phone number.
- Separate multiple email addresses/phone numbers with commas or press "enter."
- Click "Send Request(s)."
- Applicants will receive an email/text with your name and the property address to complete the rental application.
Post or Share a web link to the application
ApplyLinks™ are versatile, direct web link to your application and can be shared by listing agents or accessed by multiple applicants at different times.
- After selecting your reports and clicking "Next," you'll see a pre-made ApplyLink™.
- Click "Copy."
- Paste the ApplyLink™ wherever you want, such as a blog, social media, MLS post, or text message.
- ApplyLinks™ are versatile and can be shared by listing agents or accessed by multiple applicants at different times.
Print Screening Handout™
The Screening Handout™ includes an ApplyLink™ that applicants can enter directly in a browser and a QR code for smartphone scanning. Use it at open houses, libraries, or anywhere else!
- After selecting your reports and clicking "Next," view the Print Screening Handout™ box to preview the printed copy.
- Enter custom information in the designated "Enter your custom message here" rectangle, such as a license number or welcome/thank you message.
- Click "Print."