This article will guide you on the steps to utilize the tenant screening process before a property address is chosen.
- Once you login, from your dashboard, select the blue 'Start Screening' button
- Select the '+ Screen New Tenants' button on the top right side of your dashboard.
- Click the Add Property Later button to enter a property once the applicant completes their submission
- Elect who will be paying the application fee and which reports you would like included in the screening and click Next. Below are the list of items available. (NOTE: IF you need to use the CAR Rental Application, please add a property before screening)
- Rental Application
- Credit Report & Score
- Criminal Background check
- Eviction History Report
Send the request to the applicants' email/text
- After selecting your reports and clicking NEXT, you will be asked to enter the applicant's email address or mobile phone number.
- You can enter more than one email address/phone number by separating each with a comma or by pressing "ENTER" on your keyboard.
- Click the Send Request(s) button.
- Applicants will receive an email with your name. They can now complete the rental application. If the email is not received, the applicant may need to check their spam box, or automated folders such as "PROMOTION," etc.
- If a request was sent via text, the applicant will receive a text providing them with your name and a link to apply through RentSpree.
Post or Share the ApplyLink™
- After selecting your reports and clicking NEXT, you will be presented with a pre-made ApplyLink™ that you can share with potential applicants.
- Click the Copy button.
- You may paste the ApplyLinks™ into a medium of your choice.
- ApplyLinks™ are versatile. They can be posted on a blog, social media site, MLS post, sent via a text message, and more. They can also be accessed by several applicants at different times.
Print Screening Handout™
- After selecting your reports and clicking NEXT, you will be shown the Print Screening Handout™ box. In it, you can see a copy of what will be printed.
- In the rectangle that states, "Enter your custom message here" you may enter information such as a license number or welcome/thank you message.
- Click the Print button.
The Screening Handout™ contains an ApplyLink™ that can be typed directly into a browser by an applicant. It also has a QR code that may be scanned with a smartphone. These can be handed out during open houses, posted at a library--the options are limitless!
Adding in the Property Address After Submission
TransUnion screening reports that consumers/renters are making available for landlords are available with the permissible purpose of rental screening. It follows that they need to be applying to live in/at a property with an address. Every state has different laws about criminal and eviction records that can and cannot be used for tenant screening purposes. TransUnion uses the property address and renter address to adhere to these states' tenant screening laws
- After the tenant submits their application, you will be notified by email and can access the dashboard through a link in that email. You can go back to the 'Tenant Screening' menu from the navy blue icon pane.
- You will see the applicant's submission and the option to '+Create/Select a Property'.
- It will then allow you to add in the desired property address to be affiliated with the application.
- If you have added a property previously for a different transaction you can also select to use that property address.