How to collect applications and screen tenants on RentSpree
If you have not yet created an account with us, click here to learn how and then login.
- Once you login, from your dashboard, locate the property and click the ACTION button on the right side. You will notice a drop-down list with the different screening methods.
- If you have not yet added a property, click on ADD NEW LISTING in the top-right corner of the Dashboard.
- Once a method is selected, you will be asked who will be paying for the screening fee and which reports you would like included.
- Once you've selected your reports, click NEXT.
Screen with applicants' email/text
- After selecting your reports and clicking NEXT, you will be asked to enter the applicant's email address or mobile phone number.
- You can enter more than one email address/phone number by separating each with a comma or by pressing "ENTER" on your keyboard.
- Click Send Request(s) button.
- Applicants will receive an email with your name and the property address. They can now complete the rental application. If the email is not received, the applicant may need to check their spam box, or automated folders such as "PROMOTION," etc.
- If a request was sent via text, the applicant will receive a text providing them with your name, the property address, and a link to apply through RentSpree.
- Screening via email/text is the most personal way to screen an applicant. It requires that you have already received their email address/phone number in some fashion and the invitation is sent directly to them.
Post or Share the LeaseLink™
- After selecting your reports and clicking NEXT, you will be presented with a pre-made LeaseLink™ that you can share with potential applicants.
- Click the Copy button.
- You may paste the LeaseLink™ into a medium of your choice.
- LeaseLinks™ are versatile. They can be posted on a blog, social media site, MLS post, sent via a text message, and more. They can also be shared by a listing agent working on a property's behalf and may be accessed by several applicants at different times.
Print Screening Handout™
- After selecting your reports and clicking NEXT, you will be shown the Print Screening Handout™ box. In it you can see a copy of what will be printed.
- In rectangle that states, "Enter your custom message here" you may enter information such as a license number or welcome/thank you message.
- Click the Print button.
The Screening Handout™ contains a LeaseLink™ that can be typed directly into a browser by an applicant. It also has a QR code that may be scanned with a smartphone. These can be handed out during open houses, posted at a library--the options are limitless!