RentSpree works together with zipForm® Plus to provide tenant screening for zipLogix™ users.
First, enter your login credentials and SIGN IN to your zipForm® Plus account.
Once you've signed in, you'll be brought to your dashboard. From there, make sure you're on the TRANSACTIONS tab (all of your transactions will be present).
We will now go over how to create a transaction. If you already have an existing transaction, proceed to EXISTING TRANSACTION.
If you don't have an existing Lease/Lease-Listing transaction, you'll have to create one. To do this, simply click on the NEW button.
Once you've clicked NEW, you will be given options on what type of transaction you'd like to create. Select either LEASE or LEASE-LISTING, then make sure to select a RESIDENTIAL property type (as indicated in the screenshots below) and click SAVE.
Once you've saved your new transaction, you will be on the summary page of your transaction. From here, there are 4 main points of focus (see picture below for details):
- Transaction name and ID.
- Your name, email, transaction type, ID, and last modified date. It is important that the transaction type is either LEASE or LEASE-LISTING and RESIDENTIAL.
- Your Property Summary. This is where you enter any of the property information you'd like to gather applications and screening reports from. Make sure that the address being entered appears in the zipForm® Plus drop-down menu.
- zipAlliance® menu. Here is where you can access different tools to help you. The one we want to focus on and select is MARKETING & PRODUCTIVITY.
Once you've selected "Marketing & Productivity," you will see a pop-up with three options. RentSpree, located in the middle, is the option you want to go with. Click on SEND TO and you will notice one more pop-up. From here, please proceed to Launching RentSpree.
If you have an existing transaction you'd like to work with, click on any transaction that is a "Lease, Residential" type. Once selected, you will be brought to that transaction page. On the right side of the screen you'll notice the zipAlliance® logo with subcategories underneath it. Click on MARKETING & PRODUCTIVITY.
From here, you will notice a pop-up with different choices. Find RentSpree and click SEND TO.
You will then notice another pop-up, this time explaining RentSpree. You'll notice a GET STARTED button on this pop-up. Click it.
The addresses from your transactions will be available in a drop-down menu, seen below. If you don't see it in the drop-down menu, select Click here to add a new property.
Then, you will be asked to create a new RentSpree account. Enter your email address and create a password to setup your RentSpree account and select CONTINUE. If you already have an account, select Click Here to Log In at the bottom of the screen and login with your RentSpree account.
Once you've selected the property and created an account/logged in, you will be asked to choose a method of screening new applicants.
You will now notice three different options for screening tenants:
- Request applications with renters' emails: By clicking here, you can enter the email address of potential applicants. RentSpree will then send an email to the applicant letting them know they have been invited to apply to your property.
- Post or share the application link: Clicking this option gives you the opportunity to share a direct link to apply to your listing over social media, your MLS, or even text messages. Instead of sending an email, you would provide potential applicants with the link. When they follow the link, it will take them directly to apply to your listing.
- Print application flyer: The third and final option is a lifesaver for those that do showings for their property. This option allows you to print a flyer with a direct link to apply to your property, including a QR code that can be scanned by mobile phones. You can provide a short custom message on the flyer as well! For the best results, you can print these out and bring them to showings so any potential tenant can apply and run credit while on-site!
We hope this article has helped you utilize RentSpree with your zipForm® Plus account. If you have any further questions, you can view a tutorial video here.