Effective as of Feb 1, 2018
RentSpree allows you to access certain premium features in exchange for a one-time or recurring fee, as applicable to the relevant features. The Paid Services include renter document upload, auto reference check, feature-based subscriptions and other RentSpree PRO services which may be offered by RentSpree in the future. Your transactions and any other use of the Paid Services are subject to these RentSpree Paid Service Terms of Service ("Paid Service Terms").
1. Your Acceptance
By using a Paid Service, you signify your agreement to (1) these Paid Service Terms; and (2) RentSpree's Terms of Service, and Privacy Notice, and all other terms and conditions that generally apply to the RentSpree website. We’ll refer to these documents together as the “Terms”. Please read the Terms carefully. If you do not understand the Terms, or do not accept any part of them, then you may not use the Paid Services.
Each time you place an order for a Paid Service (including when you order individual subscriptions), you enter into a separate contract for services on these Terms. When you complete a purchase, you signify that you wish to enter into a binding contract for the provision of the applicable Paid Services.
2. Payment, Refund, and Cancellation Policy
Payment: RentSpree accepts payment via the current payment method indicated prior to purchase, which may include PayPal and any other form of payment that we make available to you from time to time. You must have a valid accepted form of payment on file in order to purchase Paid Services or participate in free trial offers or other free offers related to the Paid Services. You agree to abide by any relevant Terms of Service or other legal agreement, whether with RentSpree or a third party, that governs your use of a given payment processing method. Prices for any Paid Service may change at any time, and RentSpree does not provide price protection or refunds in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering. You agree to pay for any Paid Service that you order. RentSpree will charge your credit card or another form of payment for the price listed on the relevant Paid Service offer, along with any additional amounts relating to applicable taxes, bank fees, and currency fluctuations. If you purchase any automatically renewing subscriptions, you agree that RentSpree will charge the payment method on file on the first day of each billing period for the relevant subscription, and if the payment method on file becomes invalid due to an expired credit card or other similar reason and we are unable to charge you on the next billing period, RentSpree reserves the right to immediately revoke your access to any Paid Service you have ordered until you update your payment method. If you fail to update your payment method within a reasonable amount of time, RentSpree may cancel your subscription.
Taxes: If RentSpree is required to collect or pay any taxes in connection with your purchase of a Paid Service, such taxes will be charged to you at the time of each purchase transaction. Additionally, if required by law, you are responsible for reporting and paying certain taxes in connection with your purchase and use of a Paid Service. Such taxes may include duties, customs fees, or other taxes (other than income tax), along with any related penalties or interest, as applicable to your purchase or country of purchase.
Refunds: You can cancel your purchase and receive a refund as long as you have not commenced using the relevant Paid Service ordered and you make your request no later than 7 working days after your order is completed. Please note that if your order includes a free trial (as described below), the 7 day period for requesting a refund begins at the beginning of the free trial, not when you are subsequently billed for the Paid Service. Requests for refunds must be directed to our customer support team by contacting the customer support team here. We reserve the right to approve or deny refund requests after 7 working days at our sole discretion, except where the Paid Service is defective. In the event a refund is issued after 7 days for any subscription Paid Service, you may be issued a partial refund that is pro-rated for the remaining time left on the subscription. If you receive a refund for any reason, RentSpree reserves the right to terminate your access to the relevant Paid Service purchased.
Subscription Cancellations: If you purchase a subscription to a Paid Service that automatically renews, you may cancel the subscription anytime before the end of the current billing period and the cancellation will take effect on the next billing period. You will retain access to the Paid Service from the time you cancel until the start of the next billing period, and will not receive a refund or credit for any remaining days in your current billing period.
Free Trials: RentSpree may offer free trials to new Paid Service subscribers. If you purchase a subscription to a Paid Service that includes a free trial, you will receive free access to such Paid Service for the duration of the free trial period. At the end of the applicable free trial period, you will be charged the price of the subscription and will continue to be charged until you cancel your subscription. To avoid any charges, you must cancel before the end of the free trial period.
3. Accessing Paid Services.
Device and Usage Requirements. Certain types of Paid Services may require you to use a device that meets the system and compatibility requirements for such Paid Service, which may change from time to time. For further information on supported devices and technical requirements, visit our Help Center.
Geographic Restrictions. The Paid Services, and certain content available within the Paid Services, are currently available only in some countries. You agree that you will not present any false, inaccurate or misleading information in an effort to misrepresent yourself as a resident of a supported country, and you will not attempt to circumvent any restrictions on access to or availability of the Paid Services or content available within the Paid Services.
When you use the Paid Service, you may not (or attempt to):
- use the Paid Service in an illegal manner or for an illegal purpose;
- share your RentSpree account password with someone else to allow them to access any Paid Service that such person did not order;
- rent, or sublicense the Paid Services to any third party;
- circumvent, reverse-engineer, modify, disable, or otherwise tamper with any security technology that RentSpree uses to protect the Paid Service or encourage or help anyone else to do so;
- access the Paid Service other than by means authorized by RentSpree; or
- remove any proprietary notices or labels on Paid Services.
Changes or Discontinuation of Paid Services. RentSpree reserves the right to change the availability of Paid Services. In addition, we reserve the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue any Paid Service with or without notice to you and we will not be liable to you or any third party for any such modifications, suspension, or termination. However, this will not affect your ability to request a refund as described above.
Changes to the Paid Service Terms. We may also change these Paid Service Terms from time to time so we encourage you to periodically review the most up-to-date version at https://support.rentspree.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000199554. If the Paid Service Terms change, you will have the opportunity to review the new terms when you next purchase any Paid Service. By completing the purchase, you signify your agreement to the new Paid Service Terms, and further, that they will apply to your use of the Service as a whole (including any Paid Service you have purchased in the past) and all subsequent purchases (until the Paid Service Terms change again). If you refuse to accept the updated Paid Service Terms then you may not buy any additional Paid Services and the latest version of the Paid Service Terms that you accepted will continue to apply to your use of previously purchased Paid Services.
7. Other Terms
- The Paid Services are being provided by RentSpree LLC, reachable via mail at:
Attn: RentSpree Paid Services
5321 Alhama Dr
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
or via email online form
Complaints and/or feedback about your Paid Service experience may be sent to the address above or provided online as described above. You may also contact our customer support team by contacting the team.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that RentSpree has no responsibility to you for) your use of any Paid Service, any breach of your obligations under the Paid Service Terms, and for the consequences (including loss or damage of any kind which RentSpree may suffer) of any such breach.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for paying all fees in a timely manner and for providing us with a valid credit card or another form of payment acceptable to RentSpree. IN ADDITION, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ONLINE ACCEPTANCES CONSTITUTE A BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND RENTSPREE AND SIGNIFY YOUR INTENT TO BE BOUND TO SUCH ONLINE ACCEPTANCES.
- SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS, IN NO EVENT WILL RENTSPREE OR ITS AFFILIATES' AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL CAUSES OF ACTION BROUGHT BY YOU OR YOUR AGENTS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES EXCEED THE PAYMENTS ACTUALLY RECEIVED AND RETAINED BY RENTSPREE FROM YOU FOR THE PAID SERVICES.
- Unless not permitted by applicable law, you acknowledge and agree that these Paid Service Terms, your transaction for the Paid Service, and your relationship with RentSpree under these Paid Service Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without respect to its conflict of laws principles, and any claim or dispute that arises in whole or in part from your use of the RentSpree Website and the Paid Services will be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Los Angeles County, California, U.S.A.
- You acknowledge and agree that your transaction for the Paid Service is with RentSpree LLC.