How to collect applications and screen tenants
RentSpree has 3 different methods to collect rental applications and screening reports from tenants:
Initiating the Process
- First, we will need to login. If you have not yet created an account with us, click here to learn how.
- If you already have an account, click on LOG IN in the top right corner to enter your account information.
- If this is your first time adding a property, click on ADD NEW LISTING in the top left corner.
- From your dashboard, locate the property and click the ACTION button on the right side. You will notice a drop-down list with the different screening methods.
- Once a method is selected, you will be asked who will be paying for the screening fee and which reports you would like included.
- Once you've selected your reports, click NEXT.
Screen with applicants' emails
- After selecting your reports and clicking NEXT, you will be asked to enter the applicant's email address.
- You can enter more than one email address by separating each with a comma or by pressing "ENTER" on your keyboard.
- Click Send Request(s) button.
- Applicants will receive an email with your name and the property address. They can now complete the rental application. If the email is not received, the applicant may need to check their spam box, or automated folders such as "PROMOTION," etc.
Screening via email is the most personal way to screen an applicant. It requires that you have already received their email address in some fashion and the invitation is sent directly to them.
Post or Share the Lease Link
- After selecting your reports and clicking NEXT, you will be presented with a pre-made link that you can share with potential applicants.
- Click the Copy button.
- You may paste the link into a medium of your choice.
Application links are versatile. They can be posted on a blog, social media site, MLS post, sent via a text message, and more. Links can also be shared by a listing agent working on a property's behalf. A link may be accessed by several applicants at different times.
Print Screening Handout
- After selecting your reports and clicking NEXT, you will be shown the Print Screening Handout box. In it you can see a copy of the flyer that will be printed.
- In rectangle that states, "Enter your custom message here" you may enter information such as a license number or welcome/thank you message.
- Click the Print button.
The flyer contains a link that can be typed directly into a browser by an applicant. It also has a QR code that may be scanned with a smartphone. Flyers can be handed out during open houses, posted at a library--the options are limitless!