How to collect applications and screen tenants
RentSpree has 3 different methods to collect rental applications and screening reports from tenants:
- Screen with applicants' emails
- Post or share the lease link
- Print screening handout
- First, we will need to login. If you have not yet created an account with us, click here to learn how.
- If you already have an account, click on LOG IN in the top right corner to enter your account information.
- Once you've logged in, click on MY DASHBOARD in the top right corner next to your name.
- If this is your first time adding a property, click on ADD NEW LISTING in the top left corner.
Screen with applicants' emails
- Collect an applicant's email address.
- Enter email address(es) in the rectangle below the headline, "Screen with applicants' emails."
- You can enter more than one email address by separating each with a comma or by pressing "ENTER" on your keyboard.
- Click Send Request(s) button.
Applicants will receive an email with your name and the property address. They can now complete the rental application. If the email is not received, the applicant may need to check their spam box, or automated folders such as "PROMOTION," etc.
Post or Share the Lease Link
- Click "Post or share the lease link."
- Click the Copy button.
- You may paste the link into a medium of your choice.
Application links are versatile. They can be posted on a blog, social media site, MLS post, sent via a text message, and more. Links can also be shared by a listing agent working on a property's behalf. A link may be accessed by several applicants at different times.
Print Screening Handout
- Click on "Print screening handout"
- In rectangle that states, "Enter your custom message here" you may enter information such as a license number.
- Click Print button.
The flyer contains a link that is identical to the one created in option 2 (see Post or share the lease link) This can be typed directly into a browser by an applicant. It also has a QR code that may be scanned with a smartphone. Flyers can be handed out during open houses, posted at a library--the options are limitless!