- RentSpree Help Center
- Account, Billing & FAQs
- Report FAQs
Applicant Help Center
- How to get started applying
- Co-Signer & Guarantor
- Step 1 - Applicant Information
- Step 2 - RentSpree Rental Application
- Step 3 - TransUnion Screening Reports
- TransUnion error messages & contact info
- Website error messages
- Submitting Application
- Print, save & share
- E-Sign Documents
- Renters Insurance
- Upload Documents
- Terms of Service
- Accounts & Billing
Application & Reports
Agent Common Questions
Account, Billing & FAQs
What is a Resident Score?
TransUnion Resident Score
TransUnion SmartMove ResidentScore
When browsing our site, you may have noticed the term "Resident Score" periodically. This is a type of credit score that is specifically designed for tenant screening from TransUnion. Here are some reasons that a TransUnion ResidentScore is the way to go:
- The Resident Score uses, at a minimum, the same information that's factored for a FICO Score or any other credit score.
- Like a traditional FICO score, the Resident Score ranges from 350-850.
- The Resident Score analyzes resident records and uses additional rental data tailored for resident screening and rental history.
- It is a better predictor of rental outcomes.
- Traditional credit scores are used to predict the outcome of a loan, not rental performance.
- The Resident Score is designed specifically for tenant screening by TransUnion.
For more information on the Resident Score and how it is configured, click here.