Applicant Help Center
- How to get started applying
- Co-Signer & Guarantor
- Step 1 - Applicant Information
- Step 2 - RentSpree Rental Application
- Step 3 - TransUnion Screening Reports
- TransUnion error messages & contact info
- Website error messages
- Submitting Application
- Print, save & share
- E-Sign Documents
- Renters Insurance
- Upload Documents
- Terms of Service
- Accounts & Billing
- Rent Payment
Application & Reports
Agent Common Questions
Account, Billing & FAQs
What records are included in TransUnion's Criminal Background Check?
What types of records will I see on TransUnion's background check?
- Almost 700 sources for public criminal and eviction records, including nearly 300 million criminal records
- This includes traffic tickets, DUI's, and any other item returned from local court databases.
- Felony and misdemeanor criminal records from state and local jurisdictions in 43 states*
- Instant criminal results are not available for Delaware, Hawaii, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New Jersey, South Dakota, and Wyoming.
- Note: Criminal background records are not available for the state of New Jersey per, S250/A1919, the “Fair Chance in Housing Act”. Effective January 4, 2022, TransUnion will no longer return criminal records for rental applications.
- The National Sex Offender public registry data
- Records from federal agencies, including the Drug Enforcement Administration, the FBI, Homeland Security, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Marshals, the U.S. Secret Service, and the U.S. Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control
- OFAC, Most Wanted, and Sex Offender results from US Territories such as Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Virgin Islands.
- Felony and misdemeanor records from the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.