Applicant Help Center
- How to get started applying
- Co-Signer & Guarantor
- Step 1 - Applicant Information
- Step 2 - RentSpree Rental Application
- Step 3 - TransUnion Screening Reports
- TransUnion error messages & contact info
- Website error messages
- Submitting Application
- Print, save & share
- E-Sign Documents
- Renters Insurance
- Upload Documents
- Terms of Service
- Accounts & Billing
- Rent Payment
Application & Reports
Agent Common Questions
Account, Billing & FAQs
What is the maximum application fee in California?
An updated look at the maximum application fee allowed in the state of California
Upon the first enactment of Civil Code §1950.6, landlords and property managers were not allowed to charge more than $30 per application fee. Now, the law allows a landlord to increase the application fee annually according to what the consumer price index (CPI) is at that time.
In California, the maximum application fee you can charge is $52.46 per applicant.
- This figure is an increase of $1.52 over the 2019 maximum of $50.94.