Verify the information your applicant provides directly through RentSpree!
What are Auto-Reference Checks?
Auto-reference checks are a service offered with RentSpree PRO. When an applicant completes an application, they provide contact information for current and previous employers, current and previous landlords, one personal reference, and up to two professional references.
Based on the phone numbers and emails provided, an automated message will be sent out to each reference asking them to verify the information provided by the applicant. If they refute any information, they will be asked to enter the correct information in an entry field.
How to Request Auto-Reference Checks Before Someone Has Applied
Once you have signed up for RentSpree PRO, you will be able to request Auto-Reference Checks from the Screening Options page when initiating a tenant screening request. Check the box next to each document type you would like to request from the applicant.
How to Request Auto Reference Checks After Someone Has Applied
1. Once you log into your RentSpree Dashboard, select a submitted rental application that you would like to initiate a reference check for.
2. Once you select a submission, click the REF CHECKS tab at the top of the page.
3. You’ll then select the references you would like to send a reference check by selecting the corresponding checkbox.
4. Select which references to check, then click on the SEND REQUEST(S) button that appears.
5. The references listed will now receive an email and/or text message that asks them to verify the information provided. If they refute the information, they are asked to provide detail as to why. Once they have submitted their verification, you will receive an email letting you know.
How to review Auto Reference Check results
- You can then return to the REF CHECKS tab of the applicant and review the returned reference checks.
- Each reference returned will either say VERIFIED or REFUTED under the Status column.
- Below this is a report where you can view what information has been verified or refuted. If refuted, you can see the comments left by the reference.
You may view the image below or click here to watch a video walkthrough.